Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Whereas for many winters is apparently barren and frosty, some people can hear the footsteps of the impending spring, in the snow the sermon. And many other Winter has their own kind of beauty, joy, and pleasure.In today’s article, we will let you know How To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips Without Chap Stick.
But every coin has two sides right? If winter brings us an opportunity to beheld the sleeping nature, a lucky chance to feel the magic in the air, crystal nights, snow, and a good family time with a cup of coffee in our hand, it also brings dehydrated skins, cold sores and not to forget the chapped Lips.
However, do not let this evildoer be heavy on your innocent simple winter’s joys. Cure your cheilitis with our tips and tricks about how to get rid of chapped lips without chapsticks. Keep Reading.
How To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips Fast Without Chap Stick Or Vaseline
Chapped lips or cheilitis is uncomfortable tissue that is reflected in dryness, peeling, cracking, and painful lips. Since the lips lack oil glands as natural moisturizers. Homemade remedies can be helpful to get rid of this problem without chapstick, Vaseline, or any other lip balm.
- Protect yourself from dehydration. In case of less water consumption, the body collects water to keep cells in motion from certain parts, as a result of which dryness of skin, especially the lips, is imminent. So take more water, keep yourself glowing.
- If you are a smoker, your sensitive lips are more vulnerable to cracking and dryness. So quitting smoking is an effective means to get rid of chapped lips.
Why Are My Lips So Dry: Find Out The Root Cause
Your lips are more sensitive and delicate compared to the rest of the skin. They are thinner and lack the oil gland. Therefore often get drier on being exposed to harsh external conditions and your own treatment of the skin can be helpful in the prevention and treatment of chapped lips.
- In the winter months, when the humidity takes a dip along with the temperature, air gathers its moisture from our body and makes it drier and rough. Westerly breeze worsens our complexion, even more, making chapped lips.
- Various lip products, balms, and lipsticks, in particular, contain harmful chemicals- glycerine, camphor, phenol, menthol. Moreover, the ingredients used for creating fragrance and color are allergens in nature, causing redden chapped lips.
How To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips: Get Rid Of Your Bad Habits
Sometimes Your dry lips are just a result of your bad food habits or habits like licking your lips. Checking this malpractice can help your lips from further cracking.Here is a fix for How To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips Without Chap Stick.
- Habits like chewing, licking, and biting lips are to worsen your lips.
- Overcoming excessive salty, spicy, and spicy food like lemons, orange juice and grapes will be beneficial in chapped skin.
- Plenty of lip products contain allergens that cause irritation and itching, often dehydration of the lips. Not using such products will be better for your lips.
Why Are My Lips So Chapped: Clinical Treatment For Chapped Lips
Chapped lips can be caused by different medical conditions liked lack of vitamins, thyroid imbalance bowel problems, etc. Low zinc level or iron deficiency has been found to be the main reason behind dry unhealthy lips in many cases.
This can be a symptom of a serious issue too. If you are suffering from Crohn’s disease, not oy your lips but your entire gastrointestinal tract down to the anus can be affected. If you have severely dry lips that are not healing in any way and belly pain along with this consult your doctor immediately.
There are many other kinds of chelitis as well like angular cheilitis or actinic cheilitis. Angular cheilitis is often caused by extremely cold weather or your bad habit of licking your lips. An anti-yeast treatment or just an anti-inflammatory medication can be a good cure. Actinic cheilitis on the other hand often shows up because of sun damage. Your lower lips get affected in this case generally.
How To Fix Chapped Lips: All About A Good Moisturizer
Dry cracked lips generally known as cheilitis are a common problem of the winter season. The thin skin of our lips is exposed to sun, cold and dry air; these are what make them prone to flaking and peeling. You can solve this uncomfortable issue just with some small remedies like a good moisturizer or lip balm.
Often our lips lack oil glands and fail to produce their own moisture. Here in this case natural moisturizers are a good solution. But before you finalize a product, don’t you think you need to know the characteristics of a good lip balm?
Many lip balms have ingredients like menthol or camphor. They can give you temporary comfort and a cooling sensation. But the mint flavor can leave your lips even drier. So it is better to avoid flavored or scented balms.
Why Are My Lips Always Dry And Peeling
Our lips are much softer in comparison to other body parts. It has a weak barrier function to extreme weather as well. As a result, it gets damaged sooner and needs extra care often. If we know the reasons behind these dry cracked lips, we can avoid them as much as we can.
- Extreme wind-heat or cold damages your lips badly. Do not blame winter only, UV rays are equally unhealthy for lips too.
- A lip injury can also cause cracked lips. In this case, you may suffer from bleeding and swelling too.
- If you are suffering from chapped lips too often, you need to consider the chance of being exposed to some allergic elements. There is a probability that your lipstick or moisturizer or toothpaste is causing an allergic reaction.
How To Cure Chapped Lips Fast: Preventions For Dry And Chapped Lips
Changing your daily schedule a little bit and giving some time for your lip care will cure your chapped lips really fast. Following are some other tips that are generally proved to be good to get healthy lips.
- Breathing through the mouth will result in drier lips for you, so inhale fresh air through your nose to keep your lips healthy.
- Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun and wind is another way to overcome the challenges of chapped lips.
- A scrubbing of baking soda or sugar will gently exfoliate the dry skins from the lips.
Natural Remedies For Chapped Lips: Give Your Kitchen Ingredients A Try!
There are many natural elements that can heal your dry lips. You should give them a chance. We are naming them here:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural emollient. This moisturizes your skin and strengthens your barrier system. There are many other benefits of using coconut oil on a daily basis. This works as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property for your chapped lips. Coconut oil, at the same time, softens lips.
- As natural moisturizer and soother in chapped lips, the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant, rich sources of minerals, anti-oxidants, and anti-inflammatory vitamins, are natural relief.
How To Get Rid Of A Red Ring Around Lips: Care Is The Best Cure
Often we can notice a ring-like patch around our lips in this bone-chilling winter. This can be a result of many reasons like perioral dermatitis, dehydration, allergies, or discomfort and irritation caused by certain cosmetic products. If you are suffering from the same, take good care of your skin and you will be all good. A good moisturizer can be a great help.
But you should consult your dermatologist before you go for a lotion. Picking up any random product may cause even more harm. Also, there is a misconception that steroid creams and fluoride toothpaste are good options for curing a red ring around lips. You suggest you to avoid those.
Dry Cracked Lips That Won’t Heal: Dermatologist Tips For Curing Dry And Chapped Lips
There is no such problem that doesn’t have a solution. If the cold winter is leaving your lips dry and being the prime antagonist in your happy wintertime, don’t put yourself in a bad mood. Rather solve this with your dermatologist. We can also suggest some dermatological tips for you to have supple and soft lips all year-round whether it be a colorful spring or cold winter.
- If you are thinking about using a lip balm try using a nonirritating one. There is a common misconception that if the balm is stinging or tingling then it is actually healing your lips. But this is terribly wrong according to the dermatologist. Rather you are just irritating your lips. So stop using a product that is causing discomfort.
- As per dermatologists, natural elements are what give your lips a genuine cure and care. Castor seed oil, Hemp seed oil, or Mineral oil are the best options to heal your cracked and dry lips.
The Best Remedy For Chapped Lips: Nature Has An Answer For Every Question
What can be a better remedy than nature! Every problem we face in our daily life has a solution in the nature around us! Let us suggest some nature-based cure for your chapped lips.
- Honey as a moisturizer and anti-bacterial component prevent further infection from dry chapped lips.
- If a pouch of green tea is rubbed on the lips after putting it in warm water, it will remove dry cells to make the smile warmer and brighter.
Diy lip balm For Chapped Lips: Create Your Own Care
If your lips are cracked and chapped and the soft skin starts to lift and flake, a gentle exfoliation is a good cure. It removes the dead skin cells of your lips which doesn’t allow your balm or moisturizer to reach the living cells. A scrub made with your kitchen elements is a natural solution to this issue.
Below are the ingredients you will need for this:
- Sea salt or sugar: one tablespoon.
- An emolliating element like honey or oil: one tbsp.
- A small bowl to mix your elements.
- A cotton swab for applying the scrub.
- A smooth comfortable damp piece of cloth for washing the scrub.
Now to make the scrub follow these simple steps one by one.
- First, combine your salt or sugar and your honey in the container you have taken.
- Pick up your cotton swab and dip it into this mixture.
- Apply it gently on your lips in a clockwise motion. A little and gentle pressure is also good here. But do not try to be rough with your skin.
- Your skin is exfoliated now. Remove the scrub with the damp cloth. And apply any soothing moisturizer.
1.What Can I Use If I Don’t Have ChapStick?
You can try natural remedies like coconut oil, Shea butter, or honey. Our DIY lip balm for Chapped Lips will help you too.
2.Does Licking Your Lips Make Them Dry?
Yes! Apparently licking the lips can cause temporary moisture on the lips, the evaporation of saliva leads to further roughness on the skin.
3.Can You Put Lotion On Your Lips?
Of course, you can. But do find a healthy lotion that doesn’t contain any harmful ingredient that damages your lips even more.
4.Do Chap Sticks Work?
Actually no. They pretend to heal your lips but they actually temporarily seal the moisture. But once that thin-film evaporates the skin condition worsens.
Hope our suggested natural remedies for chapped lips help you to go skating outside. But in case if you do not find the best remedy for Chapped Lips on your own, and the condition is worsening day by day, do consult your doctor today. We heartily thank you for visiting us. Enjoy your life every day. Happy Winter!