Is LipSense Safe ??
Is LipSense safe?
If you are a huge lipstick/ lip color girl; then LipSense is a fantastic product for you. LipSense adds a whole new dimension to lipstick. This product is wonderful and is in trend to make your glamorous makeup world even more glamorous. Read this article to know in and out about LipSense.
This natural flattering and magical gloss is different from ordinary lipstick or lip color. This looks like a lipstick but goes like a gloss. It is made by a company called SeneGence.
This magical product has amazing and magical advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- It is Waterproof
- Amazingly long lasting
- Stays glued to your lips
- Does not dry your lips
- Does not harm your lips; instead, it helps in retaining the moisture, fixes chapped suntanned and rough lips and maintains the softness of your lips.
- It protects the lips from dangerous sun rays (UV rays) and air pollution.
- It comes in various textures and shades (gloss, matte, and shimmer).
- This unique and special product lasts for almost 4 to 18 hours or until you take it off.
- Helps in keeping the lips healthy and beautiful.
- If you keep it inside your vehicle or in warmer weather, it won’t melt that easily.
- Deference can be observed in just one to four weeks after you use the product.
- This product does not become runny even in a humid climate or warm climate.
LipSense is a pharmaceutical-grade cosmetic product, which is the amalgamation and has the essence of nature and science. It contains natural botanicals and pure pigments.
Quality is not compromised in LipSense. It is made out of the best quality ingredients. It is
- Gluten free
- Has no lead content
- 100% Vegan and
- Animal by-products are not used.
Some of the other LipSense ingredients are:
It is always better to have the whole kit containing LipSense color, LipSense lip gloss, and the Ooops! Remover. These three products are important to have an amazing journey with this product.
You must be thinking, is LipSense safe and is LipSense not toxic.
LipSense is not toxic. It doesn’t contain lead or wax. This product is non-GMO, gluten-free, 100% vegan and animal by-products are not used. The longer you apply it, the softer will your lips become. So it is 100% safe and acts as a boon to your lips.
It depends on your personal preferences and choices. Many customers choose this product because of its magical features.
Some of the different and unique shades in LipSense which looks great for every skin tone are listed below:
- “Blu-Red” can be used if you have a liking for the sexy color, red.
- “Luv It” gives a lighter pinkish look. This color is perfect for every occasion.
- “Napa” gives a cool and shimmer look. It has some glitter particles.
- “Kiss for a Cause LipSense” is the right choice for millennials because it is long lasting. It is shimmery bright pink and has a touch of purple.
- “Beige Champagne” can be used for everyday use
- “Bella” is a pretty color. It looks different for different skin color
- “Precious Topaz” is a medium shade LipSense which is light brown with a golden shimmer.
- “Caramel apple” gives a neutral matte look. This rosy red color is very pretty.
- “Sheer Berry” gives a cool berry purple look with a sheer and matte finish.
- “Bombshell” is the one for daily wear. This soft nude color is amazingly beautiful.
- “Fire ‘n ice” for cool and frost dark pink look.
- “Praline rose” for a cool and matte look with the hint of mauve
How to use LipSense product on your lips?
It is always recommended to apply LipSense color first and then LipSense gloss on top of it. If you do not apply gloss on top of the color, then the chances of it being removed are more. So for long lasting effect, it is always better to apply gloss on top of the color.
You can use only the gloss, but the color of gloss is so very light; at times it goes unnoticeable.
Step 1: Shake the bottle well before you use. Apply the color on dry and clean lips.
Step 2: Apply three thin even coat of LipSense lip color. Let it dry.
Step 3: For different colors (for your own custom color), you can apply some other color of LipSense above the first layer. And wait till it dries.
Step 4: To add shine and to seal the color. Apply a thin layer of LipSense lip gloss.
Step 5: For instant correction, use Oops! Remover.
Step 6: Whenever you feel that the lips are dry, reapply the gloss. (Once in every 4 to 6 hours).
LipSense lip gloss:
It is better to use LipSense lip color with LipSense lip gloss.
For the LipSense lip color to stay longer and to avoid dried and chapped lips, it is recommended to use LipSense lip gloss. This gloss helps in protecting the sensitive, chapped and damaged lips. Shea butter, vitamin E, and beeswax are the main ingredients used in LipSense lip gloss to keep the lips moist throughout the day.
Different gloss options available are listed below:
Try these different glosses to have a great touch and magical experience on your lips.
- Glossy, to give a glossy and glassy finish
- Bougainvillea gives a shimmery red/ pink tint
- The pink/ Gold/ Silver glitter gives a glossy finish with tiny pieces of pink/ gold/ silver glitter.
- Matte, to give a matte finish
- Sand, it has a light beige tint which gives a soft shimmer look
- Opal gives a purple glowing finish
- Orchid, slightly shimmery pink/purple tint
- Pearl, to give a pearl-like sheen
- Rose, for the slight pink tint
Oops! Remover, the instant corrector (LipSense remover):
LipSense remover is an amazing product and helps a lot if you want to change the lip color from daytime work to fun night outs.
It is used to remove the LipSense lip color from your lips. If you end up messing the dark colors around your lips, then this product acts as a boon. In short, it is used to remove those mistakes which happen when applying LipSense lip color.
- It gently removes the long-lasting color from your lips or skin
- Ingredients used are of the best quality and hence it protects your skin/ lips
- It is up to your personal choice to buy oops remover.
LipSense remover hack:
Are you thinking about “how to remove LipSense?” here are the steps to be followed to remove LipSense.
Shake the Oops remover well. Spread it on your lips and let it stay for a few seconds, say 20 to 30 seconds. Then rub it off using cotton, soft cloth or baby wipe.
It is hard to remove LipSense without Oops remover. But it is all worth the effort.
LipSense remover hack without Oops:
Do not be nervous about the clean-up. Here are some of the hacks to help you remove LipSense without using Oops remover.
You can use below-mentioned products to remove LipSense from your lips or skin.
- Removing Lipsense with coconut oil
- Removing Lipsense with olive oil
- Neutrogena Soap
- Heavy duty make up remover
- Oil-based remover
You can apply any of the above-mentioned products on your lips and rub it using cotton, soft cloth or wet wipe and remove it easily without any hassle.
If you are using dark color LipSense like Blackberry, Cocoa, Blu-red, mulled wine, plum etc. Then it might take a little longer to remove it. In that case, follow the below mentioned steps.
Step 1: Apply coconut oil/olive oil/ remover.
Step 2: Rub your lips together
Step 3: Leave it for a few seconds
Step 4: Again run your lips together
Step 5: Wipe it using a baby wipe/ wet wipe (if there is some residue left, then follow below-mentioned steps)
Step 6: Apply soap on your lips and rub it softly. The residue comes off in seconds.
Use a lip scrub.
Step 7: Wash it off.
The added bonus is that your lips become super soft and moisturized after the LipSense is removed.
Top 6 alternatives for LipSense:
If you feel LipSense is costly. Then we have listed some of the best affordable and awesome alternate options for LipSense available in the market.
- Rimmel Provocalips
- Mac Pro Longwear
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Last
- Maybelline Super Stay 2-Step Lipcolor
- Revlon Overtime Lipcolor
- CoverGirl Outlast
These days’ readers are asking a lot of queries regarding LipSense. So we decided to answer some of the most frequently asked queries.
Is LipSense bad for your lips?
- LipSense is non-toxic and has botanicals.
- It has NO lead or artificial wax.
- It is also Gluten-Free & Kosher.
- This product is a mixture of science and nature.
Does LipSense dry your lips?
If you apply only the LipSense color, then it dries your lips. So it is always recommended to use gloss on top of the color.
If you correctly use LipSense, it does not dry your lips; instead, it helps in retaining the moisture, fixes chapped suntanned and rough lips and maintains the softness of your lips.
Why does LipSense burn?
When you apply LipSense for the very first time, it burns/ tingles for a few seconds. The reason behind is alcohol which is used to sterilize the product (to keep the tube germ/ bacteria free). The alcohol used is cosmetic grade and it helps in exfoliating and also rebuilds the new cells of your lips.
It burns only if you apply the product on dry, damaged and not sufficiently moisturized lips. Those without dry and damaged lips will not experience this tingling sensation. The burning lasts only for a few seconds, but the color lasts for hours.
After using the gloss for a day or two, you will hardly experience the burning sensation.
The reason behind dry lips is repeated use paraffin based and wax based lipsticks. You can moisturize and condition the lips by not using wax based products for a few days. once you start using LipSense products on a regular basis; your problem of dry and damaged lips will be gone forever.
LipSense bad for you?
The answer is NO. It doesn’t contain lead or wax. This product is non-GMO, gluten-free, 100% vegan and animal by-products are not used. The longer you apply it, the softer will your lips become.
How long does LipSense last?
This unique and special product lasts for almost 4 to 18 hours or until you take it off using the remover. You can eat with LipSense on your lips, take a shower, swim, work out, kiss, and do everything possible.
LipSense safety/ LipSense toxicity
It depends on your personal preferences and choices. Many customers choose this product because of its magical features.
- Propylene Glycol (It is an ingredient used in paints, E-cigarettes and antifreeze. But this product is considered to be safe when applied on lips or skin only).
- Paeonol: This is a root extract which has medical benefits and is been used since 2000 years. Medical practitioners from China believe that paeonol improves liver function, reduces heat and cools the blood.
- Parabens (this preservative is found in breast tumors. It causes hormone disruptions and may lead to allergic reactions)
- John’s Wort extract: It grows in Europe and has many benefits. It enhances the mood, it is best known for its antimicrobial effects and antibacterial effects.
- Alcohol Denat
- Ferric Ferrocyanide (Expected to be toxic)
- Linden flower extract: it is found in Europe and western Asia. It is used to reduce anxiety and also stress.
- Acrylates Copolymer (May cause skin irritations and allergic reactions)
- Phenoxyethanol (It is commonly used as a substitute for parabens).
How to remove LipSense without Oops remover?
You can remove Lipsense efficiently by using coconut oil or olive oil. You can even use makeup remover or soap.
IS LIPSENSE TOXIC?
Well with regards to the ingredients described above, lipsense does contain a few chemicals which are individually toxic. But this is only when they are applied to other areas of the body other than the lips or the skin.
Also, most of the chemicals have medicinal properties in them. And they are actually good for the skin. So the botanical extracts like the various root extracts present in the product nullify the little toxicity and fill them with sheer goodness.
ARE LIPSENSE INGREDIENTS SAFE?
Lipsense is a product that will literally last a whole day without a minimum touch up. No wonder it contains chemicals that do the job pretty well. But then every product no matter how organic it is addressed as contain a lot of chemicals.
Ingredients in lipsense like propylene glycol are often found in paint material and electronic cigarettes. Although it is found to be safe when applied on the lips, the skin irritation risk varies from person to person.
In short, if you ask me, what is lipsense made of?
I would say, even the most expensive cosmetic brands use a blend of chemicals to make their products stable and sturdy. And lipsense being such a popular brand is no exception.
Lipsense chemicals also hold important absorption enhancers like disodium EDTA which causes the other chemicals present in it to penetrate into the skin more. This is one of the greatest reason why your lipstick stays put all day long.
Apart from propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, it uses chemicals like Acrylates Copolymer, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Phenoxyethanol, and significant Parabens etc. in its making.
You would be glad to know that due to the presence of the Alcohol Denat, your lips get exfoliated with every application. It helps in the regeneration of new cells.
And the best part is, with a regular application you’ll be kissing away the problem of dry and damaged lips. Use it confidently on a regular basis to get soft, pink, moisturized lips.
IS LIPSENSE VEGAN?
Lipsense is completely vegan. This means that it is cruelty-free and is not tested on animals.
They use harmless synthetics in place of animal products. So, all the animal lovers out there, cheers!