The advantages of breastfeeding over formula feeding are very obvious. Mother’s milk is a gift from nature. It binds the baby to the mother in the first years of life. It is a unique product that provides the baby with all the necessary nutrients in a perfectly balanced form.
Breast milk is the best food for newborns, because its composition fully meets the standards of quality “first food”. It includes the ingredients necessary for the normal growth of the child’s body.
Benefits of breast milk
- Optimal balance of all vital fats, proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins needed by babies;
- Thanks to the substances contained in the first milk, the baby’s intestines are filled with healthy microflora;
- This food is digested without problems and does not cause allergies;
- Enzymes, immunoglobulin and enzymes contribute to the baby’s immune system;
- Mother’s milk always has the right temperature.
- The unique mechanisms in the organism laid down by nature regulate the amount and composition of the milk produced, always exactly in accordance with the needs of the baby during a normal lactation process.
- The composition of milk in the breasts changes throughout the day, as well as during feeding.
Another advantage of breastfeeding is that it is impossible to overfeed your baby with mother’s milk. Even if the baby drinks milk almost continuously throughout the day, it will never get too much of it.
Let’s compare the composition of breast milk and baby formula
But life is unpredictable and there may be a situation where a mother cannot breastfeed her baby for some reason. Any stress, health problems, urgent need to return to work and many other factors can prevent breastfeeding. It is very important to understand that no one has the right to judge a mother for this, and a woman should not feel guilty about a child.
The composition of breast milk includes:
- Lives (proteins, fats, carbohydrates, etc.).
- Enzymes necessary for their poisoning;
- Factors of immune protection;
- Growth Factors;
- More than 15 types of hormones and other biologically active substances necessary for hormonal physical growth and development of the child
What to look for when picking formula closest to breast milk?
Today, there are many brands and types of baby milk available in pharmacies and shops. Formula comes in 2 different forms: dry powder or prepared food liquid formula. Both give babies the nutrients they need to grow and develop.
Formulas are distributed according to degree of adaptation, age, consistency, PH level and basis. Depending on the composition of the ingredients, Organic and Inorganic formulas are distinguished.
All baby formula is made on the basis of cow’s milk, or on the basis of goat’s milk. Goat’s milk-based baby formula is rarer, but it is just as good as cow’s milk-based baby formula.
As for the composition of children’s food, you should make sure that the mixture did not contain palm oil, to avoid problems with fortification and disruption of calcium metabolism.
The composition of the mixture must necessarily include:
- prebiotics and probiotics (from the intestinal microflora);
- lutein (protection of the eye and vision in general);
- proteins (building material for cells);
- carbohydrates (the main source of energy in the child’s body).
In children’s food, the amount of protein is reduced – for easier digestion. The composition is also changed – in addition to the slow casein proteins, fast whey proteins are added. The infant formula is enriched with lactose and maltose, and animal fats are replaced with vegetable fats.
In addition to all the above, infant formulas may additionally contain such substances:
- Taurine is a very important amino acid that is essential for the formation of the child’s CNS, brain development and eyesight. This type of amino acid begins to produce independently in the human body only after 1.5 months of age.
- Iodine is an important chemical element that is part of the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Iodine contributes to growth, development and metabolism of substances in the body. Healthy fatty acids are important for the development of the child’s brain. They include Omega-3 and Omega-6.
- Nucleotides are important elements for the formation of DNA and RNA cells. They accelerate growth and development of the child, help form the immune system, and contribute to the development of intestinal microflora.
The right product is well tolerated by the child. He eats with pleasure, gains weight in accordance with his age, has no dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea and clean skin without rashes.
Therefore, we can conclude that today’s children’s formulas are as close as possible to the composition of breast milk and even have their own advantages.
WHICH FORMULA IS THE BEST FOR YOUR BABY?
The best formula for your child is the type your pediatrician recommends and your baby accepts. The good news is that all formula is heavily regulated by the Food and Drug Administration and has to meet the same basic nutritional requirements. Formula is designed to mimic breast milk, but ingredients can differ.
If you are sure that switching to formula is necessary for your baby, consult your pediatrician or nutritionist first!
As for the choice of milk formula for the baby, you need to approach this issue carefully. It is necessary to study the formulas and their benefits for the body (if your baby has special problems: allergies, lactose intolerance or eczema, then study the formulas that will not harm his body).
Аlso pay attention to the organic formulas, they are closer to breast milk than non-organic.
ORGANIC BABY MILK
Organic formulas are formulas that are EU-Organic certified. These include at least 95% natural and healthy products.
Natural baby formula comes from dairy products produced without the use of insecticides, antibiotics or growth hormones.
Organic formulas are often packed with long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and oligosaccharides. These foods help create a healthy intestinal balance in your baby that facilitates digestion for them and strengthens their overall immune system.
Some doctors think that organic products are much healthier and closer to breast milk.
Organic livestock raised for dairy products must be raised in living conditions accommodating their natural behaviors and eaten organic food and fodder. These animals also do not receive antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is also GMO-free.
WHERE TO BUY ORGANIC BABY FOOD
In the United States, it is not easy to find 100 percent organic baby formulas, but there is a way out.
Organic best – Is a family company with fast shipping and amazing customer service. The company promotes its free and fast global shipping. In this shop you can find organic formulas like HiPP, Holle, Loulouka and others.
If you are interested, you can order an Organic European baby formula here: https://organicsbestshop.com/