One can have a problem relating to anything that could create disturbance in their daily lives. It might seem trivial to many but their life depends on it. Such problems are reactions to food or in other words, low tolerance to some certain food. It has been recorded in an article that almost one-third of the population has a low tolerance to a certain type of food.
As they cannot digest food of that sort for certain reasons ranging from mental to physical, from spiritual to Hellenistic reasons. One could have a low tolerance to nuts, or shellfish, or even lactose.
Lactose intolerance drives people to ignore anything that comes out of Lactaid acid or milk. Anything that is made out of such a thing has to be avoided for the sake of their own. They tend to stick to options that would help them have a taste of life or food, that is produced by dairy as they have opted for a substitute to lactose.
Many restaurants have a dedicated menu for lactose-intolerant people. The food consists of such replacements which not only makes it safe for them but also tasty.
What is lactose?
A sugar content that has a compound comprising of formula C, H and I of which the isotope is C₁₂H₂₂O₁₁. Lactose is generally the construction of sugar which only has 8%-10% of milk content. So lactose is an amalgamation of milk and sugar.
This type of amalgamation is generally found in dairy products such as cheese, milk, cream, curd etcetera. When one consumes these products, the lactase which is an enzyme present in our intestines solves the lactose so that it breaks down easily.
What is Lactose intolerance?
Like we said earlier when a person eats a dairy product of that sort, the enzyme namely lactase tries to break it down into glucose and the galactose compounds which are a more of a simpler compounded form of sugar than the lactose.
When one’s intestine fails to solve the lactose and it cannot help but digest the solvent, intolerance toward lactose rises. Check lactose intolerance wiki for more info.
Few Lactaid side effects:
When people come in contact with such ingredients relating to the dairy product, it may cause them discomfort. To be wary of it, they take Lactaid medicine. However, this Lactaid medicine has side effects that are widely recognized in lactose-intolerant patients.
- One of the visual representations of such culmination can be seen in the form of allergies, rashes.
- Another is having trouble breathing. Having a Breathing problem is very common as the allergy may spread to the trachea and cause a disruption.
- A swell in the throat, face, and mouth can be noticed too.
- Diarrhea is a very common side effect of consuming Lactaid.
- Feeling a bit bloated and heavy in the stomach is another sign that you are experiencing gas.
How does Lactaid work?
Lactose intolerant people are duly indebted toward Lactaid pills. As they not only work as a supplement but also it helps them sustain the dairy so that it gets digested easily. The medicine releases the enzyme from the intestine and helps break down the lactose or dairy products so that it gets digested.
They break down the sugar content found in the lactose products into two simply compounded sugar namely glucose and galactose. By breaking it down simply into these simple compounds, they prevent from serious issues that it could cause toward lactose-intolerant people.
Few names of lactose-free milk brands:
Here are some of the names of the lactose-free milk brands which are highly effective.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse: Lactose Intolerance.
- Lactaid: Lactaid Fat-Free Milk.
- Organic Valley: Lactose-Free.
- Shamrock Farms: Calcium Plus Milk: Pour 100% More.
- Dean Foods: Nutrition.
- Walmart: Lactose-Free Milk.
- Lactaid: Lactaid Chocolate Lowfat Milk.
What are the benefits of consuming lactose-free milk?
Lactose-free milk comes as a rescue for those who are lactose intolerant and has a huge effect on their system if they even accidentally consume it. They come with many benefits.
- The first would be to be used as a supplementary for the benefits that your milk provides to you.
- This milk also comes from the cow so it contains the same amount of vitamin and calcium.
- It is a provider of calcium. Many times foods and calcium supplements may not do what the milk does.
- It strengthens the bone and the teeth. A supplement of calcium helps them get stronger.
- A study has shown that consuming low-fat lactose-free milk could prevent diabetes from occurring.
- Apart from vitamins and calcium, lactose-free milk is host to proteins, minerals too.
- It will prevent lactose intolerant people from developing allergies.
What are Lactose-free milk health risks?
However, it still has ruses that are weighing down the positive points of lactose-free milk. Here are some of the risks that you would be running if you drank lactose-free milk.
- Lactose-free milk is highly processed even more than regular milk so it contains a bit more chemicals.
- Milk contains its raw form of sugar in the form of sugar so when the milk is processed to make it lactose-free, the sweetness is evaporated. The taste differs slightly.
- They add artificial sweetener to retain the taste but it makes it a bit more toxic because of the artificiality.
- Drinking lactose-free milk during the time of your period may make you feel more bloated and can cause gas.
How is lactose removed from milk?
The easier form to make the milk free of lactose is mixing Lactase in the milk so that it breaks the sugar content already present in the milk into two simpler compounds which will make it possible for the person to digest it easily.
How is lactose-free milk made?
The element that is needed to make the milk lactose free is lactase. It breaks up the complex compound of the sugar content already present in the milk into glucose and glaucoma. The lactase enzyme will easily remove the lactose making it healthy.
After you have added it to the milk, make sure it is sat in the fridge so that it can reduce the optimum amount of lactose from it. Keeping it for 24 hours ensures a 70% breakage of the sugar compound.
What are the Lactaid milk nutrition facts?
- sugar content – 12%
- Saturated fat- 25%
- Cholesterol – 11%
- Sodium- 5%
- Potassium- 12%
- Carb – 4%
- Vitamin A – 6%
- Calcium – 30%
- Vitamin D – 25%
- Riboflavin – 25%
- Vitamin B12 – 15%
- Phosphorus – 25%
What Lactaid ingredients go in the making of organic lactose-free milk?
There are only three ingredients that are active and go in the making of lactose-free milk. They are as follows.
- Pasteurized milk
- Vitamin D3
- Artificial sugar
- tribasic calcium
- carrageenanGuar gum.
Lactose intolerance is something that, if not dealt with could end one person’s life. So it is up to us to take every precaution that is to ensure that we live a healthy life rid of any perils that may be in our road while ensuring that each and every component that is needed for us to thrive is provided by the supplement. Lactaid milk is that example.