Nobody likes to say goodbye to their happy hours and start visiting their no so favorite place during periods i.e. washroom! Periods are a very sensitive part of every women’s life as she goes through cramps, mood swings, etc. during those days. We all wish that something magical happens and we won’t have to face it but we can’t question nature after all.
Being a natural process, it still sounds like a taboo to some people. But now we are grown-up and live in an era where the menstrual cycle is considered no more a secret. Women are coming out of their shell and are openly talking about it. However, there still exist women who feel uncomfortable talking about it.
There comes a time when you have a date with your boyfriend or a husband and you feel a bit awkward to tell them about your periods. Well, this article is going to help you with that. It will provide you all the possible ways in which you can comfortably tell your partner about it and that too in a fun manner.
What is another name for a woman’s period?
When you are going through your monthly cycle, then do you let people know about it? Well, it is probably easy for your girlfriends to guess it from your family size chocolate bar that you are having or your demand for watching some love story. But do boys really understand these signs?
Using simple language like “I am on my periods” can be a little boring in case you are informing people around you about it. You might need to add a little humor or creativity while you are informing the world about your that time of the month.
We have come across so many different funny names for periods but we are going to share with you the best codenames for periods out of them. You can use these period nicknames when you are willing to create some humor while you are telling your guy about it. Scroll down and check out the code words for periods that you can pick and use.
- On the Rag
- Visit from Aunt Flo
- Shark week
- Riding the cotton pony
- The red Baron
- Mother Nature’s Gift
- Girl Flu
- Red Wedding
- Crimson Tide
- Checking into the Red Roof Inn
- That time of the month
- The Red Badge of Courage
- Moon Time
- Lady Business
- TOM (time of the month) is here
- It is the month’s moon time
- There will be no circus tonight as the monkey has a nose bleed!!!
- The Redcoats are coming
- The Bitch is back
- The Uterus trying to kill me
- I have a Visitor
- Mr. T (tampons) is here
- Everything Hurts and I am dying
- My “Bloody Buddy” has arrived
HOW TO TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND YOU ARE ON YOUR PERIOD
No one is going to know about it, unless and until you tell them. However, in case you are dating someone or even if your friends are wondering about your sudden mood swings, then its better to let them know that it is your time of the month. That being said, it is still a personal matter and you may feel a little discomfort in telling about your periods.
Below we have given different fun ways in which you can tell your guy that you are on your periods and provide him with the information of getting intimated while you are on your periods. Scroll down and check them out.
- My Oven has started its cleaning mode: You already deal with a lot of torture during your periods. It is the time of the month when your body starts shredding off the pieces that it doesn’t need any longer. That is why the phrase “My oven has started its cleaning mode” illustrates your monthly situation perfectly.
- Mother nature is now obsessed with me: We all know that mother nature visits every woman once in a month, but when your turn arrives, it feels like she is obsessed with you. You can use this phrase to let your boyfriend know that you are on your periods in a fun way.
- I think I might wear red today: As long as you have the right sanitary napkins or tampons on, no one is going to know that you are wearing red. However, this phrase probably provides the idea to your guy that there is some red on you at some unseen places.
- My ride is currently under construction: This is a good phrase that can be used wisely when your boyfriend tries to get down below your belt. As soon as you speak this phrase, your boyfriend will understand that he needs to wait until your periods get over to enjoy his favorite ride.
- Do not feel offended if your guy shies away from the conversation: Periods are something that has been mysterious and intimidating to most of the boys. So whenever you talk about it, chances are there that he may start blushing and just simply say “Oh it’s okay”.
However, if your boyfriend starts making fun of you in that conversation, then he needs to fix up his problem because he is acting like an immature kid. You should not feel offended by such behavior of your guy.
Rather you can make him understand that getting periods is very normal and it is a part of every woman’s life and even after this if he doesn’t understand, then you must accept the fact that you are dating a little kid. You can straight away tell him that you are not going to date a little and immature boy.
- Telling your partner in a straight forward way: If you have a good bond with your boyfriend then you don’t need to be clinical or descriptive about your periods. Chances are there that your partner is already aware of it through his past girlfriends, so there is nothing to worry about and tell him freely.
So what you need to do is simply tell him “hey my periods just started” and I am not feeling so great about it. Otherwise, you can say “Oh, its that time of the month” and most probably he will get it.
- Avoid using indirect terms: Sometimes using words like “Aunt Flo”, “Monthly visitor”, etc. that refers to your periods can be confusing for your boyfriend. Chances are high that your guy does not have any idea about the meaning of these words and this can lead to a misunderstanding.
So, when you choose to tell him about your periods then make sure that you use simple language. You can simply tell him that you have been a little moody this week and that’s because you are on your periods. You may also ask him to not disclose it to anyone if you want it to be a personal matter. I am sure your boyfriend will understand your situation.
There are plenty of ways to let people know that you are on your monthly cycle. Make sure you choose some interesting way and create some humor about it. Choose the above codenames for periods to make your guy understand that you are on your periods.