A good exfoliation gives you a brighter, smoother, and even skin tone as simulation over the skin increases blood flow. Facial exfoliation removes dead skin cells and excess oils, produced by the sebaceous gland. A homemade facial scrub is a smart option for people who do not feel comfortable putting store-bought commodities on their skin.
Almond, oatmeal, and cannabis are the three base ingredients needed to make face scrubs. The first two ingredients you will have easily at the local grocery store; but for cannabis, you must visit a Cannabis Dispensary. Here is a piece of good news for you, if you’re living in Maryland, you may visit an authorized cannabis dispensary in Bethesda and grab some cannabis-infused beauty products and canna-oil for the homemade scrub. Continue reading this article to know more about the ingredients and how to make your facial scrubs with them.
- Oatmeal & Honey Face-Scrub: Oats are found in many skincare products, as oatmeal contains a compound known as phenols, and this compound is rich in antioxidants. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that may soothe skin. On the other hand, yogurt has natural lactic acid that enhances exfoliation. This scrub works on different types of skin.
- Grind 2 tablespoons of oat using a food processor or a coffee grinder into a fine powder.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the powdered oats with 1 tablespoon of organic Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.
- After cleaning the skin, apply the mixture to the face and massage in a circular motion for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Rinse the scrub with lukewarm water and pat with a clean cloth.
- CBD Face-Scrub: CBD is a compound found in marijuana, and it is known for its medical benefits. It is a good anti-acne and anti-wrinkle agent. Studies have found that CBD has anti-inflammatory properties when applied to the skin. Follow these steps to make CBD scrub at home.
- Grind each ½ tablespoons of dried and raw citrus peel.
- Pour 2 drops of sweet almond oil, 2 drops of essential oil of your choice, and 10 – 15 drops of pure CBD oil in the grinder and mix well with the peels. Leave the mixture for 5 – 10 minutes in the blender.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 – 3 grams of cannabis and grind well.
- Keep the mixture in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before applying it to the face.
- While applying it, massage it well in a circular motion while covering your face.
- Face scrubs don’t require rest on the face, but you can keep it for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Wash your face with warm water and clean your face gently with a clean cloth.
- Almond and Honey Face Scrub: Almonds are rich in antioxidant and vitamin E, and it is well known for skin lightening. Almonds further reduce marks on skin and blemishes. Honey is an excellent moisturizer, as it helps remove the oils from the skin and makes the skin soft and smooth. Almond and honey work as an all-rounder scrub removing the excess oils from the skin.
- Grind 4 – 5 almonds into fine powder.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with the powdered almonds.
- Then take a small amount of the mixture and apply on your face and scrub gently with your fingers.
- Massage it for a few minutes for deep exfoliation.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
The face scrub is absorbed by the skin faster than the other products. It helps to fight against dark spots and scars. It improves skin tone and renews the glow of the skin.