Do you desperately want a homemade facial scrub for sensitive skin? Well, preferring a DIY face scrub for sensitive skin is a good choice, indeed. If you are having sensitive skin, then it must be very tough for you to take care of your skin.
Sensitive skin is prone to day-to-day pollution and dirt. It is not easier to take care of sensitive skin than to take care of normal or dry skin. Using market-based commercial products may be harmful to a person who has sensitive skin.
So, don’t you want to use so-called popular market-based commercial products? No worries. You don’t have to. We are bringing to you some of the recipes for homemade facial scrubs that are not at all malicious to your sensitive skin. So, you can trust those recipes.
Let’s find out.
Recipes For A Fruitful Homemade Facial Scrub For Glowing Skin
If you are thinking of making an effective face scrub with home remedies, you should talk to a skin specialist or a dermatologist first. He or she is the only person who can tell you what suits your sensitive skin the best.
Especially, if you are suffering from acne on your skin, you must visit a skin specialist first. Now, you can check out the recipes for making a DIY exfoliating face scrub for sensitive skin. The ingredients can be easily found right in your kitchen.
Face Scrubs You Can Make With Ingredients From Your Kitchen
Want an effective cleanser for your face? Check out the below section.
Face Scrub Made Of Coffee And Oil
According to many people, the face scrub made with a combination of coffee and vegetable oil is the best natural facial cleanser for sensitive skin. Just mixing two ingredients like coffee and jojoba or olive oil, and applying it to your face, you can get exfoliating skin very soon.
You should apply this scrub to your face for 5 to 15 minutes and let it dry. Now with a small amount of water, massage it on your face in a circular motion. You should also wash it off with lukewarm water.
Face Scrub Made Of Cinnamon Powder And Honey
Cinnamon works magically on acne-prone skin. So, you can get a fruitful homemade facial scrub for sensitive acne-prone skin.
- Mix 1 spoon of cinnamon powder into 2 and a half spoons of organic honey.
- If you wish, you can add a few drops of rose water to it.
- Make a fine paste out of the ingredients.
- With clean hands, massage the paste in a round motion on your face.
- After 1 hour, wash it off with lukewarm or normal water.
Facial Mask Made Of Oatmeal, Yogurt, And Honey
If you are searching for a homemade facial mask for sensitive skin, make a fine mask using these 3 home ingredients.
- Let’s soak the oatmeal in the hot water. Make it soft enough.
- Take out the soft oatmeal in another pot and add yogurt and organic honey to it.
- In order to make a fine paste, you need to stir these 3 things well enough.
- You need to let the paste sit on your face for at least half an hour. After that, you must massage your face well and clean your face with normal water.
You will be able to store this facial mask in the fridge. Put it in a jar and close the lid of the jar carefully. Keep it in the fridge to store and further use.
A Natural Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin Made With Organic Honey And Brown Sugar
This is another best organic facial cleanser for sensitive skin. Organic honey is always good for any skin. So you can use it anytime even if you have sensitive skin. The procedure for making a facial cleanser with these things is given below.
- Take half spoon of honey and one and a half spoons of brown sugar powder.
- You can mix a little amount of rose water.
- You may add a few drops of vegetable oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil to the paste as well.
- Take a spoon and create a paste. Make sure the sugar is melted finely.
- Let the mixture dry on your face for at least for half an hour.
- After that, wash it off.
- Do not forget to use a lotion after you use these paste.
Face Scrub Made Of Chamomile And Oatmeal
Many people, especially women have said that a face scrub made of chamomile flower oil and oatmeal is the best homemade facial scrub for sensitive skin that they have used so far.
- Make a paste using a cup of oatmeal and 2 spoons of chamomile flower oil.
- Add Aloe Vera gel if you want to.
- Make the paste thick enough by adding a little amount of water.
- For essence, you can add lavender oil as well.
- Massage it on your face gently.
- Follow up with a moisturizing lotion.
How To Care for Sensitive Skin During Different Seasons
- Use scrubs made of home ingredients rather than using commercial products.
- Stay hydrated.
- Put on moisturizer in winter.
- Consult a dermatologist.
- Take enough Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Avoid eating fried foods. Opt for green vegetables.
- Eat fresh fruits.
1. Which Homemade Scrub Is Best For Sensitive Skin?
You can use almost every homemade facial scrub for protecting your sensitive skin from dirt and pollution. Here are the ingredients for making an effective facial scrub for your sensitive skin.
- Milk and Honey Scrub
- Oil and Coffee Scrub
- Honey and Flax Seed Facial Scrub
- Oat and Milk Scrub
- Aloe Vera and Sugar Scrub
2. How Can I Exfoliate My Sensitive Skin At Home?
In order to exfoliate your sensitive skin, you must opt for using the natural things that are available at your home. You can make a facial mask or a facial scrub out of the ingredients.
These home ingredients include milk, honey, coffee grounds, Aloe Vera, organic turmeric powder, rose water, almond oil, sea salt, cinnamon powder, etc. these are the best ingredients to exfoliate your sensitive skin.
3. How Often Should I Use A Face Scrub?
You can use a homemade face scrub or a commercial one to keep the dead cells away. But, no matter what face scrub you are using, you should not use it daily. If you use a face scrub every day, it might end up making your skin rough and dry. The facial scrubs should be used twice or three times a week.
4. Are There Any Side Effects Of Homemade Scrubs?
Well, if you are using a facial scrub that is made of natural homemade things like milk, honey, or sugar, it will not do any harm to your skin. However, if your skin is sensitive, and is vulnerable to any specific ingredient, such as turmeric, you should not use it in the scrub that you are about to make.
This ingredient can cause allergies to your skin.
To Wrap It Up
We hope, we have discussed all the details about the ingredients that you opt for protecting and exfoliating your sensitive skin. Also, we will always recommend consulting a dermatologist before you use any product on your skin. Be sure at first and then go for using any scrub.
Read More: How to choose an ideal dress?