Scrubbing is a very important treatment to provide your skin at least 2-3 times a week. It is important in order to get rid of dead flaky skin and get healthy and smooth skin. Every person have different skin types: some have oily, some have dry and some people possess combination skin type. People with oily skin typeface more difficulties in maintaining their skin rather than other skin types.
HOMEMADE FACE SCRUB FOR OILY SKIN
Finding a perfect scrub for oily skin type can be a task in itself. But what if we tell you that we have some easier and simple technique by which you can maintain your oily skin well. Yes, you heard it right. This article is all about providing you some different and natural techniques by which you can make your own face scrub by using easily available ingredients. Scroll down to check our list of homemade face scrubs for oily skin.
- Coffee face scrub: Ever thought that your morning coffee can also be used as your face scrub? The caffeine that is used to wake you up in the morning also helps in waking up your skin as well. Coffee helps in exfoliating skin well and also helps to maintain good blood circulation in your skin. The way you can use your coffee as your face scrub is:
You need to take one tablespoon of coffee grounds and one tablespoon of yogurt. Mix both of the ingredients well and then gently scrub your face with it. Leave the mixture on your face for about 5-10 minutes after scrubbing. You can also use honey in the place of yogurt if you are allergic to it. Follow the procedure once or twice a week.
- Green tea scrub: Green tea has got polyphenol content in them which acts as potent antioxidants that help in the removal of oxidative stress that damages your skin. Also, the lemon juices are known to control the oils present in your skin. Boil green tea in some water and allow it to cool down for some time. After that take the green tea out and add some sugar and lemon juice to it. Don’t forget to maintain the consistency between the ingredients. Apply the mixture on your face either with your fingers or using a cotton pad. Scrub the mixture for about 3-4 min on your face. Use this twice a week and see the incredible results on your skin.
- Orange peel scrub: Orange peels are very good for exfoliating skin even for other skin types. The compounds that are present in orange peels are not only helpful in controlling oil on your skin but also help in brightening up your complexion. Make a paste by mixing orange peel powder, turmeric, and honey together in the right proportion. Scrub this paste for about 3-4 minutes on your skin and then rinse your face with some lukewarm water. Use this scrub twice in a week to see the results.
- Sugar scrub: Sugar is another ingredient consider good for exfoliation of skin which removes the excess oil from the skin and also reduces the chances of getting acne on your skin. Take some sugar and honey, mix them well and gently scrub your face with it for about 2-3 minutes. After that rinse your face with water. You can use this scrub at least twice in a week.
- Egg scrub: The top ingredients that are used in making the egg scrub are sea salt and lemon juice. Egg whites are used for tightening up your skin whereas lemon juice helps in lightening up of your skin. Sea salt is a good agent used for the removal of dead skin. Mix all the ingredients mentioned above together in the right quantity to get a good paste and scrub your face with it for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat this scrub once in a week to see better results on your skin.
- Walnut scrub: Walnuts are considered as excellent smoothening agents as they contain vitamin E, beta-carotene and alpha-linolenic acid that helps in making your skin soft and supple. Take some walnuts and grind them well. After that mix some honey and lemon juice with the grinded walnuts. Apply the paste on your face and massage in circular motion for about 1-2 minutes. Rinse your face with gentle water.
- Rice scrub: Rice scrub is also a good exfoliant as it helps in the removal of dead skin cell whereas baking soda used in this scrub also acts as good exfoliant and at the same time it helps to bring down the excess of sebum production. Mix both the ingredients together and apply the mixture on your neck and face gently for about 2-3 minutes. You can use this scrub for at least twice a week.
- Papaya scrub: Papaya is considered as a heavenly ingredient for those who have oily skin type. Applying papaya on your skin can be as good as getting treated chemically from some clinic. Add lemon juice to the crushed papaya and apply it on to your face and neck. Gently massage it for a few minutes and rinse your face with water. The people who are allergic to papaya can totally skip this technique and can use the other ones.
- Olive oil and sugar scrub: Olive oil is an excellent ingredient that can balance oil on your skin as well as helps in unclogging your pores. It also helps in nourishing and moisturizing the skin well. Take some olive oil, honey and one tablespoon brown sugar. Mix all the ingredients together and massage it on your face for about few minutes. After that take some lukewarm water to rinse your face. This scrub is recommended to be used twice in a week.
Try out these simple homemade face scrubs at your home to save your money and even time to find out your suitable scrub. Why buy expensive products for your oily skin, when you can handle them out with these simple ingredients. Try them out and let us know about your results.